Marshall is one of Nemecek & Cole’s highly skilled trial attorneys who excels in both oral and written advocacy. Marshall has extensive experience representing licensed professionals including lawyers, real estate brokers, accountants, and insurance agents. With a proactive, decisive and approachable style Marshall is able to resolve cases early and efficiently. When matters cannot be resolved, these same skills have allowed Marshall to maintain a consistent track record of obtaining defense verdicts at trial. Marshall also serves as a Volunteer Prosecutor for the City of Inglewood.
Prior to joining Nemecek & Cole, Marshall was an associate with the law firm of Glaser, Weil, Fink, Jacobs, Howard and Shapiro where he handled complex business and real estate litigation matters as well as environmental litigation.
- Professional Liability Defense
- Business and Commercial Litigation
- Real Estate Litigation
B.S., Political Science, University of San Diego, 2006
J.D., University of San Diego, 2009
Marshall is an American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA) Trial College Fellow and serves on the Lawyer Defense Committee for the Association of Southern California Defense Counsel. He is also a member of: Association of Business Trial Lawyers, San Fernando Valley Bar Association, Los Angeles County Bar Association, and the Beverly Hills Bar Association.
State Bar of California
United States District Court - Central District of California
Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals
Marshall has been recognized as an “Up and Coming Top 100” attorney in Los Angeles by Southern California’s Super Lawyers for 2019 and 2020. Marshall has also been named by his peers as one of Southern California’s Super Lawyers “Rising Stars” from 2014-2019.
Marshall has been a competitive water ski racer since he was six years old. He was the Junior World Champion for water ski racing in 2001 and was selected as a member of the United States Water Ski Racing Team for the 2001, 2003, 2005 and 2007 world championships. Aside from water ski racing, Marshall is an avid mountain biker and snow skier. Marshall lives in Sherman Oaks.
Notable Cases / Published Decisions
- Machavia v. County of Los Angeles (2017) 19 Cal.App.5th 1050
Publications / Speaking Engagements
- “Hot Topics re Legal Malpractice” seminar by Marshall Cole for the 2020 San Fernando Bar Association MCLE Marathon
- “You’ve Been Hacked” seminar by Marshall Cole and Michael Feenberg for the September 2019 Association of Southern California Defense Counsel Professional Liability Conference.
- “Hot Topics re Legal Malpractice” seminar by Marshall Cole for the 2019 San Fernando Bar Association MCLE Marathon.
- “People v. Sanchez – One Year Later” seminar by Marshall Cole, Michael Alder, Judge John Pacheco and John Taylor Jr. for the 2019 Association of Southern California Defense Counsel Annual Seminar.
- “Legal Ethics, Navigating the Perils of Joint Representation” seminar by Marshall Cole and Amanda Moghaddam for Lawyers Mutual Insurance Company, Fall 2017.
- “Navigating Conflicts: When to Call for Backup” seminar by Marshall Cole for the American Bar Association Young Lawyers Professional Liability Conference, June, 2017.
- “You Can’t Prenup Your Way Out of a Legal Malpractice Claim” seminar by Marshall Cole, Jonathan Cole and Michael McCarthy for the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers 2017 Trial Advocacy Institute, January, 2017.
- “What to Consider When Purchasing Professional Liability Insurance” authored by Marshall Cole with Marian Rice & Logan Murphy, American Bar Association, June, 2016.