Real estate litigation is a core component of our practice.
Our attorneys handle real estate litigation at every level and in all aspects of the industry. We represent lenders, developers, investors, brokers, landlords, buyers and sellers of real estate, homeowners and other real estate clients in all types of complex real estate litigation. Our skilled attorneys handle disputes arising out of limited partnership syndications, commercial leases, construction litigation, purchase and sale contracts, quiet title actions, unlawful detainers, fraudulent transfers and various other real estate matters. We have successfully represented our clients in mediations, arbitrations and in litigated proceedings before state and federal courts. As a result of our advocacy, we have achieved significant monetary awards and settlements on behalf of our clients.
- Cal-Am Corporation v. Spence (10th Cir. 1981) 659 F.2d 1034 [whether sublessor assignor of oil and gas lease liable for royalties and damages]
- Lincoln Place Tenants Ass’n v. City of Los Angeles (2007) 155 Cal.App.4th 425 [whether developer bound by tentative tract map]
- Marlin v. Aimco Venezia, LLC (2007) 154 Cal.App.4th 154 [whether eviction notice is petitioning activity]
- Virtanen v. O’Connell (2006) 140 Cal.App.4th 688 [when there was no evidence that note was recorded and deed of trust did not state maturity date of note, maturity date of note was not “ascertainable from the record” and lien of deed of trust would not expire until 60 years after deed of trust was recorded]
- Lincoln Place Tenants Ass’n v. City of Los Angeles (2005) 130 Cal.App.4th 1491 [land use case interpreting and applying terms of environmental impact report prepared for redevelopment project]
- Nicolopulos v. Superior Court (2003) 106 Cal.App.4th 304 [application for temporary restraining order to prevent foreclosure sale of property under deed of trust held by real party in interest mortgagee]