Jon D. Robinson has been a member of Nemecek & Cole since June 1993.
Since 1988, Jon has focused on representing attorneys and other professionals in malpractice, malicious prosecution, fee disputes, and other litigation. He has also been involved in complex business, insurance and tort litigation. Jon has represented several high-profile clients, and, together with Jonathan B. Cole, has been recognized by the Los Angeles Daily Journal and other publications for results achieved on behalf of clients.
- Professional Liability Defense
- Business Litigation
- Insurance Litigation
- Complex Tort Litigation
B.A., Brigham Young University, 1982
J.D., University of the Pacific, McGeorge School of Law, With Distinction, Traynor Honor Society, 1986
Church and humanitarian service in various causes; foodbank volunteer; scouting; coaching and officiating in youth basketball and track & field.
California State Bar
Named by his peers as one of Southern California's “Super Lawyers” from 2007 - 2015.
Jon is married with six children and seven grandchildren. He met his wife, Mirka, 34 years ago playing basketball.
Notable Cases/Published Decisions
- Disposed of numerous malicious prosecution cases against attorneys and others through the Anti-SLAPP procedure, and recovered fees and costs
- Disposed of numerous legal malpractice actions by summary judgment on various grounds often with substantial awards of fees and costs
- Successfully defended a Vietnamese language television station and its principals in a complex breach of contract and fraud case; a substantial net cost judgment was obtained
- Successfully defended an attorney/trustee in a convoluted breach of trust and breach of fiduciary duty case; the jury was out for two hours
- Successfully defended a law firm and its clients in a malicious prosecution case through a nine week jury trial; there was a unanimous jury verdict and a very substantial cost award
- People ex. rel. v. Anapol (2012) 211 Cal.App.4th 809
- Alshafie v. Lallande (2009) 171 Cal.App.4th 421
- Plumley v. Mockett (2008) 164 Cal.App.4th 1031
- “Conflicts of Interest” Seminar, Antelope Valley Bar Association, 2007
- “Dangerous Demand,” California Law Business, July 17, 2000 (addressing the litigation privilege in relation to pre-litigation demand letters)
- “Fine Line,” California Law Business, October 18, 1999 (addressing precautions to avoid malicious prosecution liability)
- “Ethical Considerations in Business Transactions,” Sacramento County Bar Association Docket, December 1991