Janette S. Bodenstein
Janette S. Bodenstein has been a member of Nemecek & Cole since April 2007.
Janey's practice focuses on representing attorneys in legal malpractice and breach of fiduciary duty actions. Janey has represented attorneys in several jury trial and binding arbitration matters, and has been recognized by the Los Angeles Daily Journal for results achieved on behalf of her clients.
Certified Specialist, Legal Malpractice Law, The State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization
- Professional Liability Defense
B.S., Engineering, University of California at Los Angeles, 1985 J.D., Yeshiva University, Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, 1988
Association of Southern California Defense Counsel
California State Bar
United States District Court - Central District of California.
Named by her peers as one of Southern California's Super Lawyers from 2013 through 2023; Martindale-Hubble AV Rating.
Janey is married with two sons. She enjoys STRONG by Zumba, country music, historical fiction, and spending time with her family.
Notable Cases / Published Decisions
- Martorana v. Marlin & Saltzman (2009) 175 Cal.App.4th 685
- Inline, Inc. v. Apace Moving Systems Inc. (2005) 125 Cal.App.4th 895
- Rojas v. Superior Court (2004) 33 Cal.4th 407
- A.B.S. Clothing Collection, Inc. v. Home Ins. Co. (1995) 34 Cal.App.4th 1470