Frank W. Nemecek is a founding member of Nemecek & Cole, a Professional Corporation.
Frank is an active trial lawyer and is recognized as one of the best by his colleagues and by the judges before whom he has tried cases. In 40 years of practice, Frank has tried more than 80 cases to jury verdict, including two of the longest cases ever tried in Los Angeles County (California Department of Corporations v. CalAm Corporation, et al., Los Angeles Superior Court, 9 months; United States of America v. Laird, United States District Court for the Central District of California, 10 months). Frank has tried more than 200 court trials and binding arbitrations in matters involving professional liability, business disputes, business torts and real estate matters.
Frank is a Certified Specialist, Legal Malpractice Law, The State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization.
Certified Specialist, Legal Malpractice Law, The State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization
- Professional Liability Defense
- Business Litigation
B.A., San Fernando Valley State College, 1971
J.D., Southwestern University School of Law, 1974
Nemecek & Cole assists the charitable efforts of the Valley Community Legal Foundation and Beverly Hills Barristers by sponsoring their fund raising activities.
American Board of Trial Advocates; Association of Business Trial Lawyers
California State Bar, United States District Court for the Central and Eastern Districts of California, Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals, United States Supreme Court.
Named by his peers as one of Southern California's “Super Lawyers” from 2005 - 2015; Martindale-Hubbell AV rating.
Named by the Los Angeles Daily Journal 2015 as one of the top 25 boutique lawyers in California (legal malpractice defense).
Frank and his wife, Joan, have two adult children, both lawyers.
Notable Cases / Published Decisions
- Barsegian v. Kessler & Kessler (2013) 215 Cal.App.4th 446
- Nemecek & Cole v. Horn (2012) 208 Cal.App.4th 641
- Fagelbaum & Heller v. Smylie (2009) 174 Cal.App.4th 1351
- Ross v. Kish (2006) 145 Cal.App.4th 188
- Virtanen v. O'Connell (2006) 140 Cal.App.4th 688
- Nicolopulos v. Superior Court (2003) 106 Cal.App.4th 304
- California Department of Corporations v. Cal Am Corporation: lead counsel in nine month securities fraud jury trial in Los Angeles Superior Court
- United States of America v. Joseph R. Laird: lead counsel in a ten month white collar criminal jury trial in United States District Court
Publications / Speaking Engagements
- “Detailed Search” by Frank W. Nemecek and Mary H. Redfield, California Law Business, May 15, 2000 (An attorney should check the opposing party's prior claims to see if judicial estoppel can be a defense)