Jessica Di Palma has been a member of Nemecek & Cole since November 2020.
Jessica represents clients in both state and federal court in actions involving professional liability defense, insurance coverage, bad faith, and complex business and partnership disputes. She has experience in all stages of the litigation process, including trial, post-trial motion practice, and appeals before the Ninth Circuit and California Court of Appeal.
Before joining Nemecek & Cole, Jessica was an associate at the Los Angeles office of Buchalter, where she practiced business and complex commercial litigation. Jessica also previously served as a law clerk to Justice Brian M. Hoffstadt of the California Court of Appeal, Second Appellate District, and as an appellate fellow at Horvitz & Levy LLP.
B.A., English with High Honors, University of California, Santa Barbara, 2008
J.D., Loyola Law School, 2014
Loyola of Los Angeles Law Review, Senior Technical Editor
State Bar of California
United States District Court - Central District of California
Jessica currently serves as a Board Member and Secretary of the Downtown Los Angeles Bar Association.
Notable Cases / Published Decisions
- California Supreme Court Clarifies Citation of Opinions Rule, Daily Journal, May 13, 2021
- Binding Precedent, Pending Review, Daily Journal, Jan. 19, 2016
- Review Influential Appellate Decisions From This Year, Daily Journal, Dec. 17, 2015
- Can Employees Be On Call On Break?, Daily Journal, June 1, 2015
- Attorney Competence and Social Media in Aid of Juror Investigation and Monitoring (Spring 2015) ABTL Report, Vol. XXXIV, No. 6, p. 1 [co-authored with Justice (Ret.) J. Gary Hastings]
- Adoptive Couple v. Baby Girl: The Supreme Court’s Distorted Interpretation of Indian Child Welfare Act of 1978, 47 Loy. L.A. L. Rev. 523 (2014)
- The Digital Millennium Copyright Act & the Clash Between Authors Innovators: The Need for a Legislative Amendment to the Safe Harbor Provisions, 47 Loy. L.A. L. Rev. 797 (2014)